Friday, June 13, 2008

'Greener' Period

GIRLS ONLY!

I've made a brilliant discovery. I found this sanitary pad with amazing packaging. It's different than those normal ones that each pad is packaged in plastic. This one is made out of a 100% cotton material. It's biodegradable; can be broken down. Imagine how much space in landfills you can save and there's no more feeling of guilt everytime you changed your pad on a heavy day. The bad news is I can't remember the brand, my mum can't remember where she bought it and now I'm absolutely being unhelpful.

I'll be extra nice and try googling more on green alternatives for sanitary pads.

An interesting link on this subject.
Gladrags.com


Look at how fun these pads looks like. Cost about $11.99. Pretty cheap because it can last more than 5 years. It comes with one holder and 2 inserts. (Don't get what does that mean? You should watch the video.) Besides that, moon cups are also available. I heard of it once, but never actually know how it looks like. It scares me at first but then I guess if it's made of silicon it's suppose to be safe and comfy. So, it's not that bad I guess.


Hahaha. You should watch this.



8 comments:

  1. ur blog is confusing me. anyway, put a tagboard! eheh

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still don't get how they work but i'll never use a reusable one no matter how green it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, u need to kinda wash it everytime after use. so yeahhhh.


    for now, me neither. i'll wait until they're 100% sure its hygienic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know the only reason i looked at it was cause it said girls only. That's like, putting a 'don't touch' sign in the museum so everybody goes to poke it. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may like this website: http://www.tinytapir.com/
    They are Malaysians, and also have stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O my god. thank you julian. i love the website.

    all the best on your research. i've always thought anthropologist are nice people. lol.

    thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks and you're welcome :)
    Nice to know you have a good opinion of anthropologists - most people think they look at dinosaur bones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's because Temperance Brennan work on bones and it's a television hit.

    ReplyDelete